[Tfug] FreeBSD update

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:54:23 MST 2007

If I was you I would wait 20 more days for the release of FreeBSD 7.0.
I have on one of my computers FreeBSD 7.0 Beta 3 release candidate and is
fantastic.

New major features are ULE scheduler which is in particular going to
improve the performance if you are using SMP kernel (needs to be turn on
but it will be default in 7.1) and
zfs file system (Solaris file system).

You will also have new hnd sound driver for AC97 chip set (pretty much all
cheap mother boards come with that chip-set) and slue of other minor
improvements.

Cheers,
Predrag