[Tfug] OK, XFCE on an older rig has lost it's mind...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 20:48:34 MST 2007

Funny you should mention that.  I downloaded gOS which is an attempt
to add Enlightenment to Ubuntu (and on sale at WalMart of all places,
on the $200 PC that sold out).  But I couldn't get it to boot on that
old IBM.  I intend to try it again on a P3 desktop.

Meanwhile, XFCE does work and I did get the panels repaired.  It
appears from poking around that the .deb packages closest to
functional on gutsy can be found at:

http://www.ebuntu.org/

...and there's a TON of warnings of the "this ain't done yet, use at
own risk" - absolutely the WRONG medicine for the newbie activist
that's going to get this laptop for free.  I've tuned XFCE to minimal
functionality, clean icon lists, etc.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested in Enlightenment and plan on doing e17
as a backup/test understudy to my current Gnome.

Jim