[Tfug] DVD-RW part II

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Sun Nov 11 13:27:52 MST 2007

I had a DVD(+-RW) drive that I could simply not use to boot up with (CD).
What I had to do is boot from a floppy, then have that boot the DVD.  When
that DVD drive died I got another brand.. now I have no trouble booting off
a CD (same computer/BIOS, go figure).  The program is Smart Boot Manager.  I
think Ubuntu ships it on their CD's, that's probably where I got the disk
image.  Of course if you can't read CD's after boot then this doesn't apply
so feel free to ignore this suggestion :).

Jeff