[Tfug] DVD-RW part II

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:15:32 MST 2007

Dear Earl,
Thank you so much.
The pins on my DVD-RW are set for slave. I really doupt that setting them
to center or master would make any difference.

Now I do not know if you missed this line
but the hard-drive and DVD-RW are set on different IDE controllers.
Hard-drive is on the master IDE controller apparently with capacity UDE 66
and
DVD-RW is on the second slave IDE controller which has UDE capacity of 33.
Due to the box configuration (mini ATX) there is no chance unless I get
some custom cables
to have both DVD and hard-drive on the same IDE controller.

The other DeLL computer which has DVD-R which works flawlessly had both
hard-drive and the DVD-R on
the same IDE controller but as I said earlier it has different BIOS.

Thanks
Predrag