[Tfug] DynDNS howto

Ronald Sutherland rsutherland at epccs.com
Sun Aug 26 22:39:43 MST 2007

I've been having problems getting useful info from Google of late, but
found this...

http://www.qwest.com/residential/internet/isp_list.html

I think ATM is used between the DSL modem and the ISP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asynchronous_Transfer_Mode

so the phone corporation is most likely running an ATM network that
transfers data between the DSL modem and the ISP (MSN...) network
(Ethernet or whatever).

I have no idea what Cox is doing...

BTW if you tell Qwest that you are using a Mac they may suggest the
Qwest.net ISP, I also got static IP's from Qwest.net to try fun things
with.

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/dotnet/index.html

I have an old Actiontec 1524 that I setup for all this stuff, and
Qwest.net has a good FAQ list for it

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/15201524/index.html#configuration

is that 2 cents :)