[Tfug] Our website: Round three

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Thu Apr 26 19:59:42 MST 2007

Ronald Sutherland wrote:
>TFUG is less about a
> web site and more about a list, in that sense the web site is doing OK.
<snip>
> having said that a Wiki may make it easy
> for several from the list to provide reviews of the watering holes in
> Tucson, or other fine things that may help a Lin/BSD/*nix (i*nix hehe)
> person visiting our town.

I have the hillbilly approach to these things - if it ain't broke, don't
fix it.  I don't think it's particularly "broke" because I also feel that
the list is TFUG, not the site.  All the site should have is "hey, there's
a FUG in town, here's when/where we meet, and there's a list and you sign
up as follows."  I don't think a wiki will work unless someone wants to
take on the self-flagillistic role of Keeper of the Damn Wiki to muck out
the drek that sometimes overtakes the list (which, on the list, is flushed
out by time and appropriate use of the Del key).  In the case of a TFUG
site, less is best.

Now, if someone really feels the need to stand up, pay for, and maintain a
high-powered, animated, website on their on time/money, complete with a
Penguin version of Clippy, knock yourself out.  However, don't expect
input other than "why the hell do that?" from the TFUG list.

Jim