[Tfug] Fedora vrs. RHEL

Joshua Bernstein bjosh at engr.arizona.edu
Mon Oct 18 12:10:32 MST 2004

Jim,

	In my experience, software for RHEL will run on Fedora usually without
any issues. You may have to make an extra symlink for a library, or
install an extra RPM on Fedora to get it up to snuff with what that
program is. Also, in one case I had to lie to an install script about
the output of uname -a to get the software installed... What compiler
are you using? If its PGI I can tell you it runs fine on Fedora...

-Josh