[Tfug] Fedora vrs. RHEL

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Mon Oct 18 12:22:47 MST 2004

At 12:10 PM 10/18/04 -0700, you wrote:
>In my experience, software for RHEL will run on Fedora usually without
>any issues. You may have to make an extra symlink for a library, or
>install an extra RPM on Fedora to get it up to snuff with what that
>program is. Also, in one case I had to lie to an install script about
>the output of uname -a to get the software installed... What compiler
>are you using? If its PGI I can tell you it runs fine on Fedora...

Lahey.  I'd like to use g77 but I've a ton of code that uses the (DEC)
standard structure and record declarations for defining new data types.
Unfortunately, g77 and many other commercial Fortran compilers can't handle
these.  I just found a note on the comp.lang.fortran group from someone who
was running Lahey on Fedora.  I'll probably give it a try.

Thanks.
Jim