[Tfug] Spaces in Filenames (was Samba question - using the Eller...)

Jeremy Rogers jdrogers at email.arizona.edu
Sun Oct 3 09:24:31 MST 2004

I for one hate filename spaces. I also hate filenames that are sentences. I
secretly seeth and fume everytime I get a file called "report on the
experiment we did on tuesday.doc". I get more and more of these from
poeple, and although linux has ways of coping pretty well using \ and
quotes, its begging for some hard to track down error like the samba issue.
I love flexability, and am no fan 8.3 limitations, but I just think its
bad form to use spaces. I don't know, maybe I'm a bit of a throwback too.

--
Jeremy Rogers
Graduate Research Assistant