[Tfug] MythTV Setup

ewf erich at dakotacom.net
Fri Oct 1 20:27:08 MST 2004

Well,
           I've gotten most of the hardware I need, and I'm addressing
the issue
of partition space allotment. In my first pass I partitioned a 120G
drive as
follows:

   Device Boot    Start      End                     Blocks
             Id          System
/dev/hda1             1            14593                 117218241
              5           Extended
/dev/hda5             2             244                         1959867
                  83          Linux
/dev/sda6            245          257                           104391
                 82          Linux swap
/dev/sda7            258          14593                115153881
         8e          Linux LVM

           As you can see, the systemspace is about 2G, and the
userspace 115G;  but,
looking at the literature, I think I need more systemspace for MySQL.
Can anybody
look at their MythTV setup and tell me their systemspace size?

                                                         Cheers,

                                                        Erich