[Tfug] Fwd: Re: OT: Latex/rubber solvents

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 16:02:10 MST 2014

Hi William,

On 3/13/2014 7:14 PM, William McNulty wrote:
> Good to hear it makes it soft. Should work very well. As for the evap. Just
> drape a towel over whatever container you use. Hood to see its working

After the first "day", things were soft enough to "dig into"
(prior to this, it was a half inch of "solid rubber").

After the second, the solvent appeared to have penetrated the
substance better.  The rubber was more like smoked pork ribs:  the
meat *wanting* to fall apart (but still slinging to bone)

It's now at a point where I can wipe (if I use some elbow grease)
much of the clingy remnants off the instrument.  Of course, the
original enamel ALSO comes off in the process!  <shrug>

I'll still have to drag out some emery paper or a really fine
wire brush to navigate all the nooks and crannies.

But, this has been a huge labor saver!

Thanks!
--don