[Tfug] OT: EllisLabs is looking for a home for CodeIgniter

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 13:38:09 MST 2013

Hi Keith,

On 8/19/2013 1:03 PM, keith smith wrote:
> I agree with you.  My question is why EllisLabs is separating itself
> from CI entirely.  What is it they know that I do not?

I didn't read it that way.  I thought they were saying they don't
have the resources (prioritized) to devote to their current *role*
in the project.  And, are (selfishly or unselfishly) looking for
someone else to pick up that responsibility to guide the project
along -- while they turn their attentions to other activities more
in line with their real project/product goals.

I.e., not that *they* won't continue to use it -- when its use is
warranted by their individual projects' goals.  But, rather, they'd
prefer to be more of a passenger on the big bus; not driver or
navigator.

"Responsibility" has associated costs.  Far more than those that
a mere *user* bears.