[Tfug] Dilemma: Qwest or Comcast?

Matt Jacob m at mattjacob.com
Sun May 4 23:42:52 MST 2008

Jim March wrote:
 > Qwest is fundamentally more moral than Comcast and FAR more likely to
 > respect your right to privacy.
 >
 > Check the fine print of a Comcast contract: they reserve the right to
 > own and distribute every element of your personal data.  The torrent
 > choking is only a small part of the problem.

Hmm... good to know. I'm going to look into the fine print some more.

So here I am, at qwest.com, trying to check availability at my new
address to find out which speeds are available and for how much. In both
Firefox and IE, the little AJAX progress meter representing the search
results pops up and stays there indefinitely. I left the window open,
went and got something to drink, came back, and it's still there.

Qwest, I am trying to THROW MY MONEY at you. Why doesn't your site
frackin' work? What's with the AJAX? Are you too good for a simple form
that does what it's supposed to do? Argh.

We now return to our regularly-scheduled programming...