[Tfug] FreeBSD vs. Linux

andy andyjones at cox.net
Tue Nov 27 22:50:44 MST 2007

Thanks Predrag, it was no troll, I'm just a fairly new Linux user and
have heard of BSD, but didn't really know what differentiated it from
Linux beside being another Unix variation.

Besides, this politics discussion is way past the point of being boring.

I was assuming that Linux was more for the casual user and BSD catered
to the more technical crowd or hardcore Unix folks. It sounds like from
your quick rundown that is true.

What did you mean by BSD being a complete operating system vs. Linux
plus GNU tools? Not sure if I understand.

Andy