[Tfug] Enough of the Politcal Crap

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:03:26 MST 2007

I think open source users best keep up with politics even though I don't
think our numbers are a voice enough to count. Its seems to me that Open
Source is made with the oldest form of trade... the barter system. Big
government can't tax it and big business is having huge problems cashing in
on it, however open source may prove a viable means to kill a cash cow. Ten
years from now what does it mean for the USA if the MS cash cow is no longer
viable. When I use Linux I'm making choices that have political side
effects, for example how the hell are we going to pay 6E9$ for a war debt if
all this open source software can't be taxed.