[Tfug] VHDCI cables

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 18:05:39 MST 2007

Hi,

I've run out of slots in one of my PCI Sun boxen
and need to add another SCSI controller. <frown>
In looking through my stash of HBA's, I found a
couple with dual VHDCI connectors.  I *assume*
(?) they support two wide busses (per HBA).  (N.B.
I *know* they are not RAID controllers...)

While I have some SCSI cables, the only ones with
VHDCI connectors are **long**.  I suspect the most
common use for these is to connect *shelves* to a
HBA?

Needless to say, in my case, a *short*, 3 foot
cable is sufficient to reach the targets in
question (assuming VHDCI to 68 pin "wide").
Do short cables *exist*?  Or, am I trying to
apply a "solution" to the wrong "problem"?

Thx!
--don