[Tfug] Gutsy vs. Feisty - I'm with Gutsy for most things, BARELY...

evorrie at comcast.net evorrie at comcast.net
Thu Nov 15 08:50:37 MST 2007

I've been with Gutsy since tribe 3 beta.  I had to because I received a new laptop (Dell Vostro 1700) for work, and video drivers compatible for my card were finally available in tribe 4.  Same goes for my audio.  I had to use the beta alsa driver 1.0.15 to get that working.  Compiz freaks out after getting updates for Compiz.  I would have to comment out

#T="$T 8086:2982 8086:2992 8086:29a2 8086:2a02 8086:2a12"  # intel 965

in the compiz manager wrapper script.

I had a few problems with Evolution at the beginning, but that seems to have gone away.  I kept getting "Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: No such file or directory".

VMware was also a challenge to get installed, but I was able to get that going as well.

Outside of that I've been really happy.

Eric
From: "Jim March" <1.jim.march at gmail.com>