[Tfug] OK, XFCE on an older rig has lost it's mind...

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:28:37 MST 2007

Jim,
Do not be angry at me for this comment but that computer would love
OpenBSD (and this is comming from
the mouth of primarelly FreeBSD user)
Complete installation with X would be less then 600Mb + OpenBox
+ XFce-panel and fah for wall paper +
application you need 1-2Gb. No FreeBSD ports just pkg_add utility to add
pre-compiled OpenBSD binaries.
It would take me 2-3 hours to load the crap and it would fly like a bird.
Couple times I did that for my friend they thought they have a new
computer.

Speaking of Ubuntu I installed just as a joke 7.10 on an older PIII 650Gz,
312Mb ram and 10G hard.
It really did work out of box 100% and very efficient. I really liked
Sinaptic installer. It is an ideal
grand-mother distro. I could not believe Opera is not a standard package.

Good Luck
Predrag