[Tfug] How to allow the user to reboot?

jblais joe.blais at pti-instruments.com
Fri Nov 9 16:54:07 MST 2007

> In sudoers, I modified the sample line to look like this:
>
> %joeb  ALL=/sbin/shutdown -h now  NOPASSWD: ALL
>
> joe

well the above didn't compile so i looked at man sudoers and they have an
example like

ray  rushmore = NOPASSWD:  /sbin/shutdown

They mention that 'ray' is a user, but what the heck does Mt Rushmore have
to do with it???
And I guess the '%user'  in the example is for users...

so finally after edit - change user - test - change user - edit - change
user - test ....

joeb  ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown -h now

it worked!

-- beer time ---

joeb