[Tfug] Anybody try "wicd" as a replacement for Network Manager?

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Fri Nov 9 11:15:43 MST 2007

On 11/09/2007 09:56 AM, andy wrote:
> I'd love to but there is a bug in the install of Feisty that
> causes an error on some computers and you can't get the install
> to work (if forget what the error message is, but it's a known
> bug). Mine is one of those, so I can't install Feisy. Stuck
> between a rock and a hard place.  I'm sure they'll get Gutsy
> figured out eventually.

If you want something more stable than Gutsy, you might want to
try Debian Stable or Testing. They are more stable than Feisty
and Gutsy. They might be lacking some drivers, but they are
normally available; you just have to install them yourself.

Then you can try installing the wicd deb. If that does not work,
just compile it yourself.

--
Glen