[Tfug] Anybody try "wicd" as a replacement for Network Manager?

andy andyjones at cox.net
Thu Nov 8 22:09:07 MST 2007

I have the same Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 and now I'm having problems
again with the wifi not connecting. It will connect via cable, but not
with wifi.  It defaults to 'wext', and I noticed you used the supplicant
'ipw', I tried it and no difference.  What's the difference? Any other
suggestions?  It was working fine until I shut it down and restarted.