[Tfug] Anybody try "wicd" as a replacement for Network Manager?

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 18:50:56 MST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 4:24 PM, andy <andyjones at cox.net> wrote:
> One 'minor' problem I just noticed. When I installed the generic
> backport, everything was fine, but I rebooted, and now the Wicd doesn't
> 'see' any wireless networks to connect to, so I have sound with no
> connectivity. Did you have this problem? Is there a configuration
> somewhere that I need to go back and check?
>
> Andy

On my computer, a Dell Vostro 1500, I have the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945
card.  In Wicd I had to specify in the Preferences that the Wireless
Interface is "eth1" and the Wired Interface is "eth0".  I also checked
"Always show wired interface" and "Automatically reconnect on
connection loss".  I also selected the WPA Supplicant Driver "ipw".  I
don't know if that is the best one to pick but so far it's rock solid.

Ryan