[Tfug] Sane backends

andy andyjones at cox.net
Tue Nov 6 15:43:19 MST 2007

Predrag, I appreciate the scanner instructions. I'm still working on
this issue when I can. Lack of dev understanding is my problem.

Right now, I get this:

andy at andy-laptop:~$ scanimage -L
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname USB 2.0 Camera virtual device
device `plustek:libusb:002:003' is a Canon N650U/N656U USB flatbed
scanner

So it recognizes both the built in USB camera and the scanner. then....

andy at andy-laptop:~$ scanimage --test
scanimage: open of device v4l:/dev/video0 failed: Invalid argument

There isn't any listing for scanner of any type in /dev, so I guess
thats why it's try to use the video0? But I don't understand why since
it appears to know the device is available. I just don't have any
knowledge on devices, maybe I can google up something.

Andy