[Tfug] OT: Llatex/rubber solvents

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 15:32:19 MST 2014

On 3/2/2014 2:56 PM, Bexley Hall wrote:

>> Yes, covering the container will probably leave you with the dilemma of
>> proper disposal afterward, or maybe just putting it aside for the next
>> time.
>
> Well, I can always uncover it and let it evaporate once I'm done
> with it. If I have a little mineral spirits left in a jar when
> I'm done (usually, it all gets soaked up into the rags that I
> use to clean things), I will often set it ablaze just to burn it
> off. No real way to "dump" that stuff otherwise.

Well, mineral spirits did absolutely nothing after ~48 hours.  Just
made everything "oily" (and has left me with a jar of "used" spirits
that I will have to deal with).  This is discouraging as spirits
are *claimed* to be a viable solvent...  <frown>

I'll have to think about what I want to "waste" next.  Or, if I
should just fast forward to the propane torch solution...