[Tfug] Fwd: Re: OT: Llatex/rubber solvents 2ynu4ahu

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 16:30:09 MST 2014

Hi William,

On 3/6/2014 6:19 PM, William McNulty wrote:
> Try laquer thinner. Let it soak a bit.

Hmmm... that's an idea!  But, I've always thought "lacquer thinner"
was a non-specific name (like "sardines") -- unlike mineral spirits,
acetone, etc.  I.e., the actual formulation varied by manufacturer.
Any recommendations as to *which* to start with?

> Xylene is a solvent for rubber and
> it may work but I doubt it. It's fairly tame. Laquer thinner definitely is
> what I would try first.

I think I have a pint of Xylene in the garage that I could play with.
I tend to avoid the "enes", suspecting them of being more of a health
risk than some of these other substnaces (which aren't benign, either!)

Thx,
--don