[Tfug] And another one down

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Sat Sep 7 17:56:39 MST 2013

It's 4 drives  in paired mirrors. And it's those Seagate 500Gb drives.
I've lost track of how many times one of them as gone bad. Same thing
each time, a bit of noise like drive access and then the array is
degraded. Sometimes it takes awhile for maadam to figure it out. several
times it showed on reboot with a strange messed up failed boot and on
the second try it comes up. C/D is only a data array, so it won't even
effect any reboot.

I do have other stuff on there, a TS server, and VDR, web server for
when I need to share a file with someone, etc.. And I don't want to have
to go through setting any of that up again. So far mirroring has come
through every time. Just have to figure out the steps each time to swap
the drive out and get the array back up.

I was saving up to buy a second ship in the new game Star Citizen. The
game is in pre alpha but the money goes to developement of the game and
because I am a veteran backer having got the base game before the cut
off for veteran status, If i get the ship before nov 26, it comes with
in game life time insurance which isn't much, just one less thing to
spend in game credits on. Everything sold now except LTI ships will be
buyable in game with in game money. Purely F2P. But looks like I'll be
getting a drive instead. If this drive is out of warranty, I'll be
looking at getting a WD Red drive to replace it.