[Tfug] Radio/TV cards?

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 14:37:20 MST 2012

Hi Zack,

--- On Sat, 9/29/12, Zack Williams <zdwzdw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Harry McGregor <micros at osef.org> wrote:
> >
> > Personally I like the HD HomeRun which is ethernet based
>
> +1.   Mine works great.

Poking around their website looks like they offer a "dual
tuner" version -- which seems like it should handle my needs
(at least for TV).

OTOH, some of the more detailed documents indicate that
the two tuners share a single antenna.  I.e., you couldn't
watch CATV *and* OTA -- you'd have to (at installation
time) decide if you wanted to support two OTA broadcasts
or two CATV broadcasts.

OTOOH, it seems like an older (?) version of the dual box
*did* support two antennae.  So, a pair of external coaxial
switches would allow you to configure either tuner to
operate from either RF source (?)

Sheesh!  Things were *so* much easier when we had just
3 stations and a pair of rabbit ears!  :-/  (or, the
motorized roof-mounted antenna:  kachunk... kachunk...
kachunk...)

--don