[Tfug] Nice score at WorldCare..

Bowie Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 10:42:52 MST 2011

Hey Tom,

Roxio 8 for the Mac comes with a nice little Tivo Transfer utility.
You point it at your Tivo, select a program(s), click "Toast It", and
it will handle the task of downloading, converting, and packaging
those shows as a DVD. Instead of murdering an innocent DVD blank, you
can just save it as a DVD disc image.

 From there, it's just Handbrake Lite. Point it at the DVD disc image,
tell it to save the resulting transcoded movie into the iTunes Media
folder, and you're done.

No command line work, no scripting, no endless package installations,
no hunt-down-this-weird-15-year-old-Tcl/Tk-library-on-this-weird-
mirror, no compiling, no switches, no arguments, no "go here and
download this special MPEG-2 demuxer written by a guy named Michelle"
crap.

It just works, and that's exactly what a computer should do for its
user. Not just make it possible to do, but to do it.