[Tfug] Steve Jobs has passed away

Bender bender at bendertherobot.com
Sun Oct 9 10:38:20 MST 2011

Mr Williams focuses on the angle of mac hardware. What about software? Maybe things have changed. But when I looked at the issue, mac software commanded a premium in cost as well.

Given Mr Smith's scenario, I would consider going with the HP. Compatibility with existing software is a big plus, as opposed to starting over with a different platform.

All of this talk about higher speced components, leading edge and form factor doesn't appeal to me. YMWV

Having said that, the one killer app I might consider going to a mac for is Final Cut Pro, the old version

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/23/technology/personaltech/23pogue.html?pagewanted=all