[Tfug] Punched cards and paper tape.

Richard B Clark rbclark47 at cox.net
Wed Jan 19 20:58:33 MST 2011

Yep. Remember it well. I worked at the UofAz Computer Center from 72-78,
from general grunt thru operator (CDC6400) thru programmer and analyst.
I had a friend who tried to get me to transfer over to Onocology at the
UofAz Hospital, to take his job as their IT guy. They were running several
Data General Nova systems and possibly an Eclipse.  He complained to DG one
too many times about a OS bug that they repeated failed to fix on several
releases.  They finally complied by sending him almost 40 boxes of paper
tape that he could read in - in place of the single mag tape,
Because they could. He never even tried.
I didn't take that job.
-Richard