[Tfug] Decorating windows?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 10 14:48:48 MST 2010

Does anybody know if it's possible to "decorate" my X clients so as to
provide my own name, class, or resource when the client doesn't
provide a suitable switch (e.g., xterm's "-name" flag)?

The issue that I'm running into is that neither Firefox nor Google
Chrome permit me to change their names and I'd like to customize how
my window manager treats the browser window for specific
websites/online apps.

Using the client's window_id doesn't appear to be possible, as fvwm's
Style command doesn't pay attention to it.

Thanks!

Claude