[Tfug] thesaurus.com restarts xorg/gdm!

Phil Simpson pgsimpso at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:01:30 MST 2010

It looks like this might be related to KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) being
on by default.  Try adding nomodeset to the kernel line and see if X
still crashes.  Also try running with Metacity instead of Compiz (set
"Visual Effects to "None" in "Appearance Preferences").

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/571552

Regards,

Phil Simpson
Systems Administrator