[Tfug] ThinkPad T61 Debian KDE Wireless

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 20:36:04 MST 2010

Heh, I'm not the only one.

I have sid on a T60 and knetworkmanager has been hosed for a month. I
thought I had it tracked down to nm, but I gave up and have just been
using manual ifup and ifdown for week now. If anyone figures out what
went wrong, I'd love to know, but I just haven't had time to dig.
Maybe I'll try the gnome applet and see if it fairs any better.

On a related note, does anyone else feel like kde4 is a big step back?
I was talking with a friend who is convinced that the kde4 motto must
be 'this functionality is getting in the way of the shiney'.
Seriously, the feature comparison checklist for kdevelop4 vs kdevelop3
is hilarious.
JDR