[Tfug] Source for notebook batteries?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 24 15:50:47 MST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:13:21AM -0700, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> I've had very good luck locally with The Battery Factory.  It's on
> north 1st, or maybe Stone... can't remember which.  Not too far from
> campus.

I happened to drive past them today, so stopped in.  They're really
nice.  The Thinkpad T40 battery come in both regular capacity and high
capacity versions.  They didn't have the high capacity version in
stock, so are ordering for me and should be in early next week.  Got a
great price for it (a bit better than Batteries Plus, I think;
certainly better than IBM/Lenovo).  Given the price, I might be a bit
concerned about the quality but it comes with a year warranty, so I'm
not going to worry too much.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Sorry, Jim, but I'm not about to start breaking open my batteries and
soldering in new cells.  But if you want to, as of next week, I'll
have some old batteries that you can experiment on.

Claude