[Tfug] Happy hour, need a favor...

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 31 21:17:18 MST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 09:09:15PM -0700, Jim March wrote:
> If anybody extremely experienced can help me compile a 2.6.29 kernel
> on Ubuntu Jaunty Beta I'd be much obliged.

Doesn't Ubuntu provide kernel-package (Debian's kernel packaging
scripts)?  If so, just grab your desired kernel sources, follow the
instructions in the README (should be at
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz), and you'll have a deb all
packaged and ready for install.  It's very straightforward.

C.