[Tfug] hal and keyboard issues

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:54:40 MST 2009

Does anyone here have any idea why hald might make my keyboard and
mouse behave strangely?

I've been messing with archlinux lately and hal doesn't come
configured by default. I started to set it up because Nautilus was
having problems running without it.

At this point, simply starting hal it boot time, by way of rc.conf,
creates a situation where some of the letters on the keyboard input
multiple characters when pressed, while other characters might clear
the whole line, or even close the current window. The mouse is
behaving in a similar erratic way.

At the same time, running /etc/rc.d/hal start doesn't have this effect.

I'm not really sure what else I might need to post, but if anyone can
point me in the right direction, I'll be happy to post anything else.

Thanks for your help ~ CHris