[Tfug] WorldCare suggestions?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 19:55:42 MST 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Paul Steinbach <MIS at samlevitz.com> wrote:
> What kinds of things would you strongly consider purchasing
> there?  What would you not consider purchasing there?  Are you more likely
> to get whole systems or components?  Fully configured or barebones?  More
> likely to be work purchases or personal?  Esoteric fun stuff or basic
> functional stuff?

You'll get two kinds of people grabbing stuff:

- People who just want a basic computer that works
- Computer people who know what they're looking for and are willing to
dig through stuff to get it.

For example, I'm buying a lot of rackmount/server/esoteric gear right
now.  I'd love a decent square hole rack or rack shelves.

Most people just want something that works, and might have Windows on
it.  I drop a lot of older customer computers off at Worldcare (after
I've run them through DBAN).  I took nearly 700 pounds of stuff there
last year per my receipts, and I'd bet that some of the things I've
dropped off have been used by others.

Right now I'm dropping off a lot of older G4 Macs, and P4 2-3GHz PC's...

- Zack