[Tfug] subscription chg

Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com Liz_Ravenwood at beaerospace.com
Wed Jun 10 09:00:29 MST 2009

You're the best Glen.

I am a newwwbie.  short prof bio:  worked as a computer operator, then
production control, then programmer writing in COBOL, PL1032, and JCL.
(yes I'm old)
Then I moved into application software training and support, then managed
computer labs, but managed to write a couple of things in ASP with
vbscript and sql using FrontPage 2000 with an SQL back end.  I took a
radical detour and went back to school to get a MA in Linguistics, taught
English and ESL for 5 years, got burned out and tired of low-paying
no-benefit jobs, so I went back to ITT to study networking.  After a year
and a half of realizing that I didn't want to deal with network
administration and security issues and really felt the most proud when I
solved problems using code, and that I really wanted to learn electronics,
and programming and work with human interface devices for assistive
technology, I took classes at Pima.  I got a job at Oyama Elementary as a
technology liaison and got to teach kids with a little computer lab, and
then got a job at BE as an administrative assistant because I told the
placement guy at JIT that I loved databases.

I worked my a__ off here at BE, loved it, still love a lot of what I do,
but wanting to learn other languages and have other tools with which to do
so.

... surpriginsly ;-)  I'm not getting the support I need from IT to expand
other than in my little golden handcuff world, so I'm going to have to
expand my list of resources and try a bit harder.

Anyway...  that's my dream.

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Administrator,
Methods Engineering

Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net>
Sent by: tfug-bounces at tfug.org
06/09/2009 04:39 PM
Please respond to
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>

Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Tfug] subscription chg

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Liz wrote:
> So I didn't see that at the bottom for existing subscribers you
> can log on to make changes to your options.
>
> I got lost in the text that said "list administrators only"

[snipped a bunch of comments]

On Tue Jun 09, 2009 at 02:54:05PM -0700, Liz wrote:
> I guess I didn't explain that I was successful in that email
> message.
>
> Sorry folks.
>
> Aren't you telepathic?

Don't worry about it. I understood what you meant, as I'm sure
half the rest of the list did too.

Anyway - why don't you post a bit about your computers and your
experience. What OS's have you used in the past? What OS do you
use the most now? Do you have a Linux or BSD distro installed?
Etc.

That way we can help better with any other questions you have.

--
Glen

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply