[Tfug] USB / VirtualBox

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Feb 24 00:56:56 MST 2009

I got an old Windows XP running on VirtualBox-2.0 from a Debian 4.0 kernel
AMD64, and I'm having trouble getting the USB to work;

I added the usbfs mount to /etc/fstab (including in the domount line in
/etc/init.d/mountkernel.fs) with the supposed options -giving the
vboxusers group rw permissions, adding users to vboxusers group, and I
checked the appropriate boxes in the VirtualBox GUI.  Does anyone have
this working?

I really don't know why I'm bothering with Windows, but I don't have a
nice Canon scanner I want to use.

Thanks,
Charles

BTW, Opera isn't really working that great.  It goes to cnn.com and can't
end the session despite the SESSIONS=end patch (1131 bug, or whatever it
was).   I still have to add hex numbers to schroot -e
chroot=superlonghexnumber.  Oh well.  Thanks for your help.  Anyone using
the new Debian5.0??
--

This message and any attachments may contain information that is
priveleged or confidential, and is intended solely for the addressee.  If