[Tfug] Some news in hackintosh circles..

bpoag at comcast.net bpoag at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 14:59:18 MST 2009

Looks like the legalities surrounding OS X on non-Apple hardware are still up in the air...

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9127579&intsrc=hm_list

Call me cuckoo for cocoa puffs (you wouldn't be the first), but, I've got a hunch that the whole Psystar vs. Apple thing is a carefully coordinated, intentional way for Apple to position OS X as a mass-market commodity...I’m thinking they’re playing it out in court to set a legal precedent in advance of any “real” lawsuit, so when the time comes, Microsoft can’t go after them for killing their cash cow (Windows)... It’s already public knowledge that this small company has some major industry backers quietly running the show behind the scenes:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93249

Apple could have easily bought out the owners and shut down the operation by now… for less money than it’s taken to litigate. Something's up.

Chocolately cocoa puffs,
Bowie