[Tfug] iPods

Ryan Cresawn jrcresawn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:17:01 MST 2009

It is impossible to play oggfiles on the ipod touch due to Apple's policy
which bars competition for functionality they provide.  Since iTunes is
provided by Apple for playing music no one can duplicate that functionality
by providing another music player.

I recently got the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, which I'm typing this on now (sorry
for the top post), and it plays ogg files.  :-)  Good luck on your quest.

Ryan

On Aug 31, 2009 12:17 AM, "Nathan England" <nathan at paysonlinux.org> wrote:

> > Hey Nathan! This is too funny! We seem to be *bumping into each other*
on > here frequently. :...
My primary phone now is using my skypeout, so having a device that I could
use to make calls and receive calls without using my laptop would be really
nice. I'm considering a skype wifi phone... But we'll see. I cannot justify
spending any money on an iPhone or Touch if I'll have to use windows. I do
not have windows, nor any real access to a windows machine that I could do
anything with it if I had to. If I cannot plug the device in and copy my ogg
files to it, I really don't want it!

I'm mentioning this because I'm hoping someone else has lots of ogg files
and uses some media player device to listen to their ogg files without
converting them to something else.
Not so much on this list, but what I have found on most other "linux" user
lists, most of the users are windows people with a partition that is
occasionally booted with linux... So finding another linux user with input,
and especially about ogg files, I have not found yet!

nathan -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nathan England (480) 559-9681
nathan at paysonlinux.org htt...