[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 23:53:53 MST 2009

Well my English is not perfect, (I guess I can use it as a justification), I
meant that the posts with most reply are the post most useless, where people
just fight about if Linux is good or God and BSD never breaks and Windows
firewall looks like the Mexican border and hackintosh is the Final Solution,
someone throw there a provocation and people fight back, well I'd like
discussion about request of help, technology, news, etc. to be discussed
more than the one with mere provocations, at the end everybody has his own
rights but that's won't change anything. I personally think Linus Torvalds
is arrogant, but I like the idea of Linux, GNU and freeBSD, nothing is
perfect. I always dreamed of "another world is possible", and the freedom of
the gnu/linux community for me is like the theory applied on a real problem.
(hope this doesn't sound stupid)

I studied electronic engineering in Italy, than programming in visual basic.
I started to work in Rome in 2001 working on intelligent network with Tandem
and programming in C. There I saw this IVR with UNIX, was like the Avalon,
the perfect OS. I moved then to Bologna e started to work with QT under
Linux, and there I saw Linux for the first time. After that I just wanted to
work with Linux. I didn't even know the existence of freeBSD until recently.
I practically worked only on embedded linux since then, creating embedded
devices that runs linux. My last company was in the PBX business, and their
sales were plumbing because of Asterisk. Now they take the open source
seriously.
But, I never committed or did any bug fixing for open source, working on
dedicated hardware. Maybe it's time to start.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Bowie J. Poag <bpoag at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm not anti-Linux. I'm just tired of seeing the Linux scene decay into
> another Amiga fanclub full of hopeful die hards that think the platform will
> one day rise up again. It's not gonna happen. Knowing that, it's time to
> move on to other free Unixes out there. I suggest Darwin/OS X.
>
> Cheers,
> Bowie
>

> Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>> On Fri Jul 31, 2009 at 12:33:20AM -0700, Bowie J. Poag wrote:
>>

>>> You guys act surprised that there's petty bickering and useless drama
>>> associated with the Linux scene.
>>>

>> Nobody was surprised. You just wanted a reason to flame the list because
>> you're anti-Linux. Shoo fly, don't bother us! Go away troll!

'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo
SW Engineer

882 East Glenn St.