[Tfug] video card recommendations

Eric M. Gearhart eric at nixwizard.net
Tue Jun 3 11:41:44 MST 2008

Re: Intel video cards, 945GM chipset, etc

Have you guys seen 915resolution? It's a "hack" that enables higher resolutions on Intel video cards. I have a Dell Latitude D400 and I recall using 915resolution in the past...

>From http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/ (lol geocities...)
"915resolution is a tool to modify the video BIOS of the 800 and 900 series Intel graphics chipsets. This includes the 830, 845G, 855G, and 865G chipsets, as well as 915G, 915GM, 945G, 946GZ, G965, and Q965 chipsets. This modification is neccessary to allow the display of certain graphics resolutions for an Xorg or XFree86 graphics server. "

--
Eric
http://nixwizard.net