[Tfug] monitor resolution

Ian McEwen mcewen.ian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:29:18 MST 2008

Even when they do create a new tool, as they have here, what's the
reasoning for then making the old tool unusable? Presumably, the new
tool is separate from dpkg-reconfigure and doesn't need to remove
compatibility there in order to be perfectly functional.

Note that I'm a happy Ubuntu user, but I understand the point that
diverging more and more is simply counterproductive.