[Tfug] Spy Bill Debate Comes to an End

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 11:07:52 MST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:14:35AM -0700, Matt Jacob wrote:
> > christopher wrote:
> > > yeah, i couldn't believe that. Obama voted for it too.
> > > So much for 'change'.
> >
> > Your first mistake was believing a politician.
> >
> > <joke>
> >    <question>How can you tell when a politician is lying?</question>
> >    <punchline>Check to see if his lips are moving.</punchline>
> > </joke>
> >
> > Sorry for the XML. I had to bring this thread back on-topic somehow. :-)
>
> If the passage of the telecom immunity bill is something that people
> find concerning, might I suggest that you support the EFF
> (http://www.eff.org/), who continues to fight to protect the public's
> digital rights?
>
> Claude

I know the ACLU is planning on fighting this as well...They might be an
option
as well...

Story - >
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/ACLU_will_challenge_FISA_update_in_0709.html

ACLU - >   http://aclu.org

I know that (for some) the ACLU is a controversial organization...But they
are fighting
for our rights.

     - Chris

--