[Tfug] CAT5 Cables, The Sequel

Tyler Kilian vaca at grazeland.com
Sun Jan 20 21:11:28 MST 2008

Sounds like phone cable, usually seen as category three.  The
ordering goes blue, orange, green, brown, slate with the alternate
color rotating through white, red, black, yellow, violet.  I'd make
sure it's category five.

The most important thing about wiring is that pairs 1/2 and 3/6 are
twisted together.  For a cable that correctly supports PoE and
Gigabit, you'll also need to correctly twist together pairs 4/5 and 7/8.

Hope this helps.

Tyler