[Tfug] Myth/HTPC

Steven Bowers steveb7 at simplybits.net
Fri Aug 29 19:26:29 MST 2008

Looking for some general feedback on the specs for a HTPC/Myth box. I
have an "old" Intel SAI2 motherboard, dual 1Ghz P3, 2GB of RAM and lots
of free PCI slots. How viable is this for a HTPC? After reading the Myth
TV site it sounds like I would have to invest in a whole new P4 system,
especially if I wanted to do anything with HD content. Before I did that
I thought I would see what are the current experiences of others.
Currently I'm interested in using a HTPC system for hulu.com and some
other streaming sites, maybe recording some HD from OTA channels,
watching some mpeg and other material downloaded of the net and general
web browsing.

Steve