[Tfug] Pleasurable distraction

sitkaa at email.arizona.edu sitkaa at email.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 18 10:41:14 MST 2008

The idea getting some of my creative energies into the open source community
really intrigues me. I have so many ideas for how to help this world, even
focussing on one of them would be an immense relief.

So, how would I go about contacting the programming groups? What could I do
there?

I have always just assumed that I would have to program in order to contribute.
Is there other stuff todo for the open source community?

Would I have to work in linux, or would a cross-platform kinda thing work
better? How do ya do that?

What about intellectual property rights? If you produce something for free
consumption, how can you make sure it stays as intended?

Once you start something, will it continue without your persistant guidance. For
instance, has this list (TFUG) been passed on from one lead person to another,
or does it have a single lead person?

Is there some online guideline for working with such groups? I'ld even read a
book for this.

Thanks again for your patience and hep.