[Tfug] Broken WordPress Permalinks

Matt Jacob matt.jacob at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:01:14 MST 2008

Do you have mod_rewrite enabled on your dev server? (If you're using
Debian, it's 'sudo a2enmod mod_rewrite' and then reload Apache [sudo
/etc/init.d/apache2 reload].) Do you have AllowOverride set for the
directory that's serving WordPress?

The better, more efficient way to handle mod_rewrite is at the server
level in either a <VirtualHost> or <Directory> container, but first
things first. Let's get the inefficient method working before we start
worrying about shaving off milliseconds on a dev box. :-)

Matt