[Tfug] Recommended wireless network cards

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Tue Apr 15 22:09:25 MST 2008

On 04/14/2008 02:15 AM, Jim March wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Glen Pfeiffer <glen at thepfeiffers.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I got some feedback on this at the last Happy Hour, but I've
>> forgotten your responses. I would like to purchase a hassle free
>> wireless network card to use on my Laptop, which runs Debian
>> Stable.
>>
> I'll be interested in this one too, as I think what you're
> actually asking is "which WiFi cards have drivers that are pure
> FOSS enough for the Debian philosphy?"

I am an adamant supporter of FOSS, but in this case if the only
way to get a reliable card that 'just works' then I'll be willing
to go the proprietary driver route.

> "Purity" can be taken too far, methinks.

I respect your opinion, and I interpret that to mean that you are
not willing to deal with the extra difficulties when working with
a system that is as "pure" as Debian. That is a perfectly valid
reason to not use it. But that is one thing that I do not think
Debian should change; I view it as a feature.

--
Glen